Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Strange Monday Morning

As I proof read my last post and sat there staring at the screen, I wondered two things. Did most of the people at that event agree with me? And, if so, why was the media not talking about it?

I decided that it was my duty to contact someone in the media who might bring the issue up and Lars Larson's name came to my mind. So, I sent him a quick email and went back to sleep.

I ended up sleeping in that morning and was awoke shortly after nine by my bookkeeper, Summer, who had a question for me. As I put the phone back down, it began to ring again. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was a 503 number.

I answered and to my surprise, it was Lars himself. I was quite shocked as I expected a crew probably put his show together for him. I lay there and talked to Lars about what I had seen and heard and how it had affected me. Judy could hear his voice and catch some of what he was saying. Since she had already heard the story from me, she (for some reason) thought the Governor himself was calling me to try and explain why he had done what he had done. She thought, "Oh no, what has he gotten himself into now?".

Lars asked me when the show was on in Bend and I told him that I thought it was noon. I think he had already talked it when his show actually aired around 12:30. Judy and I tried to listen but only caught a phone call that he received from someone who was there. From what we heard, there seemed to be quite a few more people who felt the same way as I did. It was kind of an interesting way to start the week off.

No comments: