Saturday, January 7, 2012

Change



January 7, 2012
There is one thing that you can always count on and that is change. What ever you do and where ever you go, change is just around the corner. The trick is how to deal with it.
The new year is upon us and this is my first change.....my website. And since it is built in Wordpress, I think it is equally important that I change my blog to that site also. I hope this works out and that my transition to this goes well. As I type, I already see so many different things that I must learn. The first being where is the spell checker? Lol...isn't that what most of us need?
Let me know how you like the website. I hope to find the time to change it up a bit. My good friend, Jim Harrison, set it up for me and showed me how to work it last week.
Other changes in the works is our menu. I am looking at a variety of different items that might just end up on it this year. This list includes meatloaf, sirloin tips, Tilapia (a very nice inexpensive fish), and a couple of new omelettes (four cheese and loaded potato).
We are working on them right now but hope to have them up and running by the end of the month.
I know I am a little slow this year, but my time has been really taken up by our bookeeper, Summer, being out on a maternity leave. BTW, congrats to Summer on her new family. She is now deciding if she wants to come back or not. I certainly would not blame her if she becomes a stay at home mom. I have always admired couples who sacrifice for their kids that way. I remember that while our kids grew up, it was very hard but Judy was always there.
With Summer gone, we have hired a lady who does books at various places and while she is very good at what she does, it is best that I still do many of the other things that Summer always did for us which takes me away from my normal and extends my daily hours (no complaint there..it is part of owning your own business).
I will finish this short first blog with a thanks. Thank you to all of you who have help keep Jake's alive over the years. To all of the new friends that we have made especially but not limited to the veteran and senior community that has become such an intimate part of our focus.

No comments: