Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today is the day

I am awake early in the morning. Tonight is the Chamber dinner at which I have been nominated along with my business as Small Business of the Year.

Most people would be anxious for an award such as this and I must admit that I am very honored to be nominated.

But, most people are not me and I am just anxious for the day to be over.

I have not felt anxiety like this in a while. Believe me, it is not fun.

I pray that God will grant me a busy day so that I can keep my mind off of it and that He will grant me the courage to enter the building and sit at that table.

Somehow, I don't think that I will be able to eat much today.

Addition:
10AM Feeling better. Was able to get back to sleep and then went down to the gym and worked out with Judy. My plans for today are to keep as occupied as possible so that I can just keep my mind off of the whole thing.

When I got up to go to the gym, Casey was on the computer. He asked me if I had been able to get some sleep and when I asked him why, he said that he had read my blog. One thing is for certain; I am glad to have him back and am very happy to have my entire family with me at the table tonight. And Casey has even agreed to where an Hawaiin shirt of which I am just about to go out and buy for him.

2 comments:

Keeneye said...

Is it mean that I'm laughing at you?

No really. Is it?

:o))))

I completely understand how you feel, Lyle. I'd rather pull weeds all day than to get gussied up and deal with that kind of thing. Congrats on the nomination, however. It's a big deal.

Shannon said...

Lyle, I brought my dad Casey to Jakes before he headed east on his road trip from Anchorage to Omaha, NE. I think your son was our waiter because my dad forgot to leave the tip at the table and asked the cashier what our waiter's name was so he can thank him for his service. She said "his name is Casey" and my dad asked with K or C. Not many Casey's go by C so my dad got a laugh out of that. Anyways, thought I would share. It made my dad's day on Saturday.