Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lets Make a Space update

I haven't been able to post lately and not because I have been to busy but because I came down with the flu. It is kind of funny (ha ha, not really) however since I was one of those guys who got his flu shot. Now I find out that they messed up on their flu strains. Anyway, I have spent most of the last five days horizontal.

On Tuesday, Judy and I met with Andy from Let's Make a Space to go over our plans for the remodel that is coming up fast. For those of you who don't know, we will be handing over our main floor to their crew April 20-25 and they will be doing one of their famous makeovers on it with a Revealing that will happen on the morning of the 26th. Judy and I will be led blindfolded into the room after which we will open it up to the public for a Grand Reopening of sorts.

To celebrate that day, Jake's will give all of the profits for the day to the Bend Community Center. Judy and I will match those funds and Andy & LMAS have agreed to match all that we give. I am hoping that this will be a profitable day for the Community Center and Taffy Gleason, their director will be on hand to help pour coffee and answer any questions about the great things that the center does for the community. I met Taffy a couple of years ago when we had some extra food from a cater job and donated it to her kitchen. I was very impressed with her operation there. So much so that I put her card up on the side of my computer screen with the thought that some day I would do something for the center.

So, come on down on Saturday, April 26th. See the new main dining area, meet Andy and his crew along with Taffy Gleason and maybe a surprise person or two, and support this great Community Center that helps the poor and needy in the area in so many ways. Weather permitting, Richard and Ted Taelour will be entertaining in the parking lot.

1 comment:

Elise Michaels Media said...

Can't wait to see what Andy has up his sleeve! btw, Lyle, thank you SO MUCH for hosting the Donate Life Northwest Volunteer Appreciation Party! We're looking forward to the gathering and food. Plus, you'll get to check out the video I produced for them!